Terms and Conditions | Taekwondo4Fitness
Table of Contents
Membership to the Taekwondo4Fitness Club
All members agree to comply with the terms and conditions of Taekwondo4Fitness. Failure to do so may result in immediate suspension and termination of their membership, and members won’t be entitled to a refund.
Rules in the Dojang
At Taekwondo4Fitness, we have a set of rules and guidelines to ensure a respectful and safe environment for all participants. It is expected that all participants follow these rules during their training sessions.
- When entering or leaving the dojang, a proper bow must be made.
- Punctuality is highly valued, so it is important to be on time for training sessions.
- Appropriate behavior is expected at all times within the dojang.
- If you are late for a session, you must wait for the instructor’s approval before joining the group.
- Participants who repeatedly arrive more than ten minutes late will no longer be allowed to participate in the session.
- A clean and ironed dobok must be worn at all times during training sessions.
- Hands, feet and nails should be clean and well-maintained.
- Do not wear sharp objects or outdoor shoes in the dojang.
- Unless it is urgent, talking should be kept to a minimum during training sessions.
- Drinking, smoking or eating is not permitted in the dojang.
- Chewing gum is also not allowed.
- No jewelry may be worn during training sessions.
- No electronic devices are allowed on the wrist, except for a chest strap HR monitor.
By following these rules, participants can ensure that their training sessions are safe, respectful and productive.
Show respect to
- your instructor,
- to masters and grandmasters,
- all other students,
- the training hall (dojang),
- your opponent,
- to all other martial arts,
- your parents, elders, brothers and sisters.
Free taster session for new starters
Before participating in a physical exercise programme at Taekwondo4Fitness, all participants must fill in a Booking Form that includes a Taekwondo Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (Short: T-PAR-Q) and a Safety Note. The PAR-Q is short and easy to administer and reveals any family history of illness. It is a standard method of uncovering health and lifestyle issues before a Taekwondo training programme starts.
There is no obligation to sign up for regular classes if you decide it’s not for you!
Taekwondo4Fitness does not charge a membership or joining fee but a small handling fee of €5 for registration and renewal.
The participation is at your own risk – you acknowledge this when completing the PAR-Q.
Personal Accident Insurance is additional, optional insurance that members can purchase individually if needed. Taekwondo4Fitness does not offer private accident insurance.
Members are allocated a place in a class of their choice and are subject to availability. If the class is full, new starters or members will be offered a spot on the waiting list for the course required.
Class attendance is strictly monitored, and the members are expected to attend all sessions on time during the specified term. Members must notify the instructor of any sessions during which late arrival or absence is expected (sickness, injury, etc.).
Members may be offered an alternative session to attend in place of a missed class. In general, missed sessions are not transferable or refundable with less than 24 hours of notice. This is at the discretion of the instructor.
Only members who can commit to attending classes consistently every week will be allocated a place in class. If attendance becomes inconsistent, Taekwondo4Fitness is not committed to holding the member’s position in the class. Taekwondo4Fitness can offer the place to a new starter or member.
If members should miss two subsequent sessions, they lose the right to their place in that class. This place will be released to a new starter on the waiting list or another member.
In case of a prolonged injury/sickness where the member has informed Taekwondo4Fitness, we will try to offer a place back at the original class as soon as possible. We will provide an alternative at the moment; however, this cannot be guaranteed, nor is Taekwondo4Fitness obligated to provide this.
The option to pay monthly offers discounted classes when attending consistently. If a member pays monthly, this does not include special events, i.e. gradings, seminars, competitions, etc. No refunds will be given in the event of missed sessions, regardless of the reason.
For any child under 16, written consent is required from a parent or a legal guardian. This will be provided to Taekwondo4Fitness before the commencement of classes after the first trial session. This consent is to be given via the club registration and consent form.
There is a 10 minutes rule in place. Participants who repeatedly turn up later than ten minutes are no longer allowed to participate in the session. Members who turn up late within this time slot are requested to wait at the entrance area until the instructor asks the student to join the class.
Taekwondo4Fitness reserves the right to change and cancel classes when necessary due to bad weather conditions, instructor illness, unforeseen circumstances and any other issues that may stop the class from happening.
If the number of students is low in a particular class, Taekwondo4Fitness reserves the right to cancel this class at any time. Class cancellations will be notified via the Taekwondo4Fitness group on WhatsApp and Facebook or via text messages/emails to those students who have permitted this kind of correspondence.
Taekwondo4Fitness reserves the right to change the training schedule, add and remove classes where needed, and look after to minimise the impact on members as much as possible.
Taekwondo4Fitness closes on Bank Holidays and over the Christmas period. Taekwondo is under no obligation to refund class fees for this closure period; no refunds will be issued.
Over the school holidays, if the facilities are unavailable, classes may be offered at a different facility depending on the costs and availability. This is subject to charges and availability.
Taekwondo4Fitness may be closed for two weeks over the summer holidays. The incurred amount will be credited to the bank account of students who pay monthly for their classes.
If you are unhappy with the service offered, then please, in the first instance, raise your concern with the instructor after the class.
We take your concerns very seriously and will try to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. If the problem is unresolved, please email Taekwondo4Fitness at [email protected] within seven days of the issue being raised. A response will be sent within 14 days of receipt of the email.
Instructor Qualifications & Standards
The coaching staff are fully qualified, insured, and DBS certified. The instructors are trained to recognise the signs of child abuse. If a child discloses or the coaching staff believes that the child is suffering from abuse, we will follow the Safeguarding Policy.
Taekwondo4Fitness may take photographs or film during a class from time to time. The parents/guardians who do not wish for their child to be photographed or filmed must make Taekwondo4Fitness aware of this at the club registration or in writing before the activity commences. This data is used only to promote and publicise Taekwondo4Fitness through our website, social media or literature.
Health & Safety
The parent or legal guardian must come into the club to see the instructor before leaving a child and return to collect their child from the venue.
The parent or legal guardian ensures the child does not leave the venue without a parent/guardian.
If the parent or legal guardian cannot collect their child, the parent or legal guardian must inform the instructor about the person receiving their child.
Taekwondo4Fitness holds no responsibility for any matters outside of class times and outside the venue.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you are providing consent for Taekwondo4Fitness coaches to administer all necessary first aid to your child at any time.
Taekwondo4Fitness will acquire indemnity and public liability insurance after familiarizing ourselves with the new regulations in Slovakia.
Other than to death, personal injury, or property damage, where Taekwondo4Fitness or their coaches are proven to be negligent, the liability of Taekwondo4Fitness to you is limited to the class fee paid.
Any medical condition that any participant may have or may arise must be fully disclosed at the time of registration and to the instructor before the class commerces. Failure to provide such information could prove a health risk. Taekwondo4Fitness takes no responsibility for students/parents who fail to disclose such issues and thus put themselves, their child, and other participants at risk of injury or medical complications.
Taekwondo4Fitness cannot be held responsible for theft, loss or damage to any personal belongings left inside or outside the venue.
Services offered at the venue / Training Fees
There are no training times available at this time.
Please check out my shop for services and pricing information.
Payments are made for termly applications to participate in specified sessions.
Online coaching takes part in closed groups, i.e. my closed Facebook group, Zoom or Instagram.
Participants will be invited to join with a username and password.
These sessions are not available to anyone, only to clients and members registered within the club.
The instructor will deliver the sessions via live broadcast or broadcast of pre-recorded material.
Online Fitness Class Registration
To keep you active and fit during these challenging times with the COVID-19 pandemic,
I offer Taekwondo Online Fitness Classes for ages 13 and above.
Kids are welcome to join, but a legal guardian must be present!
All participants are required to fill in a Booking Form before the first class!
If you want to become a member and take part in regular classes, the registration process includes the three following steps that need to be completed:
- Complete the Booking Form.
- Complete a registration form (Child/Children and Adult) when participating in a physical exercise programme.
Safety Note for every session
- By participating, members are doing so at their own risk.
- The sessions are only for registered members of the Taekwondo4Fitness club.
- A suitable, non-slip floor area is required covering 3m x 3m to prevent injury.
- All potential obstacles in the vicinity are removed before members can participate.
- No use of blades, weapons or sharp instruments of any description is allowed.
- Everyone should be aware of their ability and listen to their body to ensure the training is happening safely.
- Avoid physical contact with other participants.
- Avoid activities if you suspect you have any current health concerns, injuries, aches and pains.
- The live sessions are light physical exercise training only, with the following outline principles:
- All exercises and training are to be done individually
- General, light warm-up exercises on the spot
- Static stretching and limited dynamic stretching on the spot
- Fun and straightforward generic exercise routines
- Slow or simple hand movements (e.g., blocking and striking actions)
- Kicking exercises below hip level
- No contact activity between two or more people whatsoever
- No kicking exercises over the hip level
- No more than two combinations of technique
- Spinning movements
- Heavy or endurance exercises
- Anything with weight equipment
- Resistance training
Online Fitness Class Fees
I offer different packages for new starters and regular members who participate in virtual and physical classes at a venue after registration.
For pricing information, please check out my shop.
Physical classes at a venue
For more information, please check out Taekwondo Classes at a Venue.