My Inspiring Journey: My First Taekwondo Student at Taekwondo4Fitness
Good times at the Grange School in Aylesbury in the UK. All the hard work started paying off after I obtained an Instructor license with British Taekwondo in 2018. More and more students signed up for my in-person classes at this school facility. Initially, I offered only two weekly courses to find the right balance between martial arts instruction and my IT full-time job. My wife Gabriela was my first official Taekwondo student after Taekwondo4Fitness opened its doors in May 2019.
When the COVID-19 pandemic started in March 2020 and venues had to close, I could no longer offer sessions at the school or other facilities. These times were challenging to develop my martial art school and to attract new members. Unfortunately, I lost most of my members during restrictions and lockdowns.
I had to find a different way to attract new members and move online to keep my club going.
For this reason, my online martial arts session mainly focused on fitness, flexibility and Taekwondo basics – an excellent mix that participants can safely do at home.
Like any other martial art, Taekwondo is nothing you can learn online, but I did the best I could to keep my members motivated! Even if only a smaller group of students were participating in regular online sessions, my members enjoyed it and also had the opportunity to participate in belt promotion exams. But they also had to do their homework and submit videos to demonstrate that they could master the basics of their targeted grade.
I am very proud of my wife. Despite her busy work schedule and shift rota, she worked hard to fit Taekwondo into her schedule and to master the basics for her yellow-green belt. Keep up the great work!
Taekwondo is an excellent form of exercise and fantastic martial art to practise, which brings health improvements such as balance, flexibility, stamina, strength and posture.
In addition to the physical health improvements, Taekwondo benefits mental health through increased confidence, improved self-esteem, focus, concentration levels and self-discipline.
You do not just pay for Taekwondo! You invest in your fitness, health and opportunities that this sport provides to help you develop the attributes that will serve you throughout your life and allow you to endow others’ lives.
My wife and I are passionate about fitness, nutrition and a healthy, active lifestyle. Continued education and further training are crucial for us to stay up-to-date with our knowledge and skillset.
The Art of Self-Defense: The Benefits of Learning a Martial Art
Martial arts have been around for thousands of years and are an excellent way to improve physical and mental well-being. Whether you’re looking to increase your fitness level, improve your flexibility, or learn a new skill, there are many benefits to learning a martial art.
Benefits of Learning a Martial Art
- Learn life, team, and social skills and develop yourself: Martial arts classes offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can create new skills and learn from others. You’ll also be able to build meaningful relationships with classmates and instructors, which can help you develop social skills and improve your overall well-being.
- Start making healthier choices: As you learn a new martial art, you’ll be encouraged to make healthier choices in and out of the gym. This may include eating a more balanced diet, getting enough sleep, and reducing stress.
- Become fitter, healthier, and happier: Martial arts training will help you get into shape and improve your overall fitness level. The physical and mental challenges you’ll face will also help boost your confidence and self-esteem, which can lead to a more positive outlook on life.
- Improve flexibility: Martial arts training requires excellent flexibility, which can help you increase your range of motion and improve your balance. This can help prevent injury and make it easier to perform other physical activities.
- Lose weight and get into shape: Martial arts training is an excellent way to lose weight and get into shape. The high-intensity workouts will challenge your body and help you burn calories, build muscle, and lose body fat.
- Learn respect: One of the core principles of many martial arts is respect for yourself and others. This can help you develop better relationships with others and become a more responsible and empathetic person.
- Stop the bullying: Martial arts training can help reduce bullying by teaching students to respect themselves and others. You’ll also learn self-defence techniques that can help you protect yourself in dangerous situations.
- Become more focused and concentrated: Martial arts training requires excellent focus and concentration, which can help improve your cognitive abilities and increase your overall mental clarity.
- Develop a sense of responsibility for oneself and others: Martial arts training encourages students to take responsibility for their actions and think about how they may impact others. This can help you become a more responsible and caring person.
- Have a positive mental attitude: Martial arts training can help improve your mood and reduce stress. The physical and mental challenges you’ll face will also help boost your confidence and self-esteem, which can lead to a more positive outlook on life.
- Become a lifetime learner: Martial arts is a skill you can continue developing and refining. As your training progresses, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new techniques and develop your skills further.
- Learn how to defend yourself and gain confidence: Martial arts training will teach you how to protect yourself in dangerous situations. The physical and mental challenges you’ll face will also help boost your confidence and self-esteem, making it easier to face life’s challenges with courage and determination.
And many more!
In conclusion, learning martial arts offers numerous benefits for your physical and mental well-being. Whether you’re looking to improve your fitness level, develop life skills, or have fun, there’s something for everyone in martial arts. So why not try it today and start reaping the many benefits for yourself?
Stay safe during this pandemic with my online fitness classes, and train safely from home. Make your health a priority, and fight COVID-19!
Become fitter, healthier and happier. Start your fitness journey now, and learn Taekwondo!!! The number of places is limited! Book your place now to avoid disappointment!
Please don’t forget to follow me on social media! Thank you!